The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) is an objective assessment test that evaluates the test taker’s basic foundation skills and knowledge of the English language.
In case you already have started your preparation for the MELAB exam, then you would probably require all the help you can get. This article will share some great tips to help you get set on your MELAB test.
- Use the MELAB practice tests to help you tremendously in more ways than one. These tests can help you learn tips and techniques to achieve success in the real test. Finding an MELAB practice test is not difficult and you can get and access them easily in the internet
- Your main objective should be to save time by answering easy questions first and concentrate on the hardest questions without rushing on the rest.
- Develop your recognition of the critical ‘hedge’ words so that you understand their significance while reading and are able to interpret the meaning of the complete sentence with ease.
- Watch out for the ‘fact traps’ to avoid missing out on any of the questions
- Create your own simple explanations for the hard to remember grammatical facts.
- Avoid panicking when you don’t know the answer to a question and adopt a systematic strategy that will minimize wasting time on test questions that may leave you puzzled.
- Focus on sentences and not on words while listening so that you can make connections to understand its meaning easily.
I am sure you can increase the chances of hitting your target by following the tips I mentioned above. Wish you best of luck for your test!