It’s not as difficult as you may think to get a good score in the IELTS Listening test. Therefore, I will share some valuable tips in this article to help you get the Listening band score that you deserve.
If you want to ace your IELTS listening test, it is essential that you listen very carefully. If you cannot hear the recording clearly, inform your invigilator immediately. Do not wait for the test to begin because once the test would start, the recording cannot be stopped. Make sure to listen carefully to what your invigilator says, pay attention and follow all the instructions to avoid candidate disqualification. Moreover, write your answers on the question paper as you listen to the recording to avoid wasting any time.
Here are some further guidelines that can help you make the most in your listening test:
- Read the questions beforehand and listen for the specific information you will need
- Concentrate and anticipate what the speaker may say
- If there is a word you do not understand, don’t panic as you may not need to use it
- When you do not know the answer to a question, don’t leave it blank but rather attempt to answer it and move quickly onto the next one.
- Be mindful of your spelling and grammar
- Try to read, listen and write at the same time
- Try to focus on what you have been asked to do in the completion type questions
- Pay attention to the word limit mentioned in the question
- Try to answer all the questions as there are no penalties for incorrect answers
- Check and review your answers at the end
For more information, click on the link below to learn additional tips for your IELTS listening test: