Good writing is something not everyone can manage that easily. However, it is a skill that can be learnt with time and consistent practice. In order to get band score 7 or more in your IELTS writing test, you need to learn tips that can help you produce the type of writing materials preferred by the IELTS examiners.
By following the given tips, you can surely make the most of your IELTS Writing test and can impress your examiner:
- Try to analyze each task carefully and spend time making notes.
- Underline key words in the tasks to ensure that you focus on what you need to do.
- Organize and plan your answers.
- Make paragraphs clearly and mention just one idea in each paragraph.
- Be brief and concise by avoiding repeated ideas using different words.
- Develop a basic structure of the essay before writing it.
- Avoid copying whole sentences from the question as you will receive no marks for this.
- Stick to the topic and do not write about the unrelated subjects.
- Manage your time well.
- Give attention to the number of words demanded for each task as you will lose marks if you write less than the minimum limit mentioned in the question.
- Write using essay form and not in bullet forms to avoid losing marks.
- Pay attention to your spelling, punctuation or grammar.
- Do not use informal language.
- No need to memorize model answers as the examiners can easily recognize them and may declare your test invalid.
See the link below for some more help on the IELTS writing test 1: